Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Slowly but surely . . .

We are eating our way through the advent calendar. As the place markers convert from tubes to ornaments, the boys are whipping themselves into a frenzy over the anticipation and I can't help but join them as well. This year we have a tentative surprise for the holidays that if it comes to fruition will put the cherry on top of our Christmas.


Photobucket


In the meantime, we munch on chocolates, enjoy each other's company and keep ourselves busy with the preparations for a family holiday at home.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Betz White said...

Oooh, I love how you are converting the advent tubes! Brilliant!

Lowell said...

I love it too-so pretty.

I'm impressed that yours are being opened in such a manner that allows you to do something else with the paper. Mine are ending up kind of a torn mess.

MommaMari said...

Lowell I'll sheepishly admit to slicing open the tubes with scissors. I just lop off the top and bottom that are glued, then up the back and it's enough paper to get a 4-5" square for the snowflake arm.

Betz, thanks! and thank you very much for visiting. I get a kick out of seeing the wonderful things on your blog.