Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Birth Order Mumbo Jumbo

I'm not one to want to saddle my children with any birth order baggage. I'm sure they'll carry enough already what with their set of garden variety human parents. But there definitely seems to be at least a little something to birth order. I mean I'm a firstborn and to be honest, by pure coincidence not all but most of my close friends are first born children as well. The other day kid 1 seen here retorted to a command of mine to go back to playing in the fort, "why are you so bossy?" to which I replied, "because I've had years of practice." Oh hon, you never saw it coming when your spirited little hiney was born to this stubborn, opinionated and bossy momma of yours.

Photobucket


And if I think there's at least something to this birth order theory, my second child confirms it. Oh he doesn't go around wailing about his fate as a middle child (at least not yet) but I see my sister's reflection in this face. My middle-child, independent, fierce defender of justice in all forms little sister.

"No, I don't want you to take my picture." Yes he dresses himself all twisted and inside out.

Photobucket


"Momma! I said take a picture of my crowwwwwn!"

Photobucket


Then he cracks a smile. Despite his penchant for not caring what people do or say even at the ripe old age of almost 4 he's a lovable, affectionate boy. One who does have the ability his momma doesn't of letting most things roll of his back. But when he's had it, make way.

Photobucket


He's definitely got a spark, this not-middle child of mine. I think I'll keep him.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Marin!! said...

I think the crown thing is my fault. Does R's crown have a door. You know, just in case you need to pass paper through it ;) He does look awfully cute in his crown though.....

MommaMari said...

Nah, you're not at fault. They were messing with the crowns before and yes, it does now have a window lest we commit the crime of one brother having something the other doesn't. LOL