Thursday, July 16, 2009

We interrupt your regularly scheduled post . . .

. . . to drool.

Photobucket


More fabric for the nonquilter's quilting stash. Mr. Maricucu and I set aside a very small amount of "mad money" for ourselves each month. A small amount that doesn't put a dent into the budget and allows us to buy ourselves little things without guilt. As you can see this month my mad money went straight to Fabric.com. They had a pretty good sale on designer wovens and when you're only buying half a yard it's like being in a penny candy store. The solids are for some yet to be determined firefighter project and you can see a new firefighter print as well.

Photobucket


All the other prints are not assigned to projects yet but I've just bookmarked this cute little zippered pouch from Sarah at My Spare Time. I love that it's not just a flat wristlet and that is has pockets inside. Maybe it's just me but even when paring down, I carry a ton of stuff.

Photobucket


In case you haven't noticed, I'm attracted to the bright or large prints. I'm really itching to do some more of those coasters like the ones in the header, a couple of bread basket liners and possibly recovering the toss pillows on the couch in some kind of patchwork. Since I stall at the coordinating fabric step I've been building up the stash in order to let my creativity flow a little more randomly.

Photobucket


I promise, promise tomorrow I will post the picadillo recipe.

No comments: