Thursday, May 28, 2009

At last a visitor!


Have I mentioned before that I'm not the outdoorsy type? I grew up with my nose in books, and when not reading watching reruns of Maude, Good Times and Are You Being Served. You'd think growing up in Florida would have lured me to the outdoors but I believe quite the opposite happened.

As a homeschooling mom, I'm slowly being pulled out of my comfort zone. The garden, pulling out the picnic blanket to spend some time under the sun and observing nature just a bit more slowly helps. A few months ago I stumbled across this cute little plexiglass window bird feeder and book set . I bought it, searched for a nut free bird food (harder than I thought it would be) and set it up.

Then we waited, and waited. My oldest kept asking me when our bird friends were going to show up and I admit I wondered if I'd done something wrong. Never fear! We've had quite a few little sparrows visiting our window and serenading us before flying off.




Now if I can just convince the black bird that our grill is not a good place to build a nest, we'll be golden.

No comments: